One handful of these light, crispy homemade einkorn cheese crackers and you’ll wonder why you’ve been buying the boxed version all these years! They do take some time to prepare but our recipe makes a big batch and they’re healthier, too.
Your food processor is your best friend when making this recipe. It grates and blends everything right in the same bowl! All you need to do is chill it, roll it out as thin as you can, and then cut into one-inch squares.
You can find a variety of smoked cheeses in the deli section of your local supermarket!
Homemade Einkorn Cheese Crackers Recipe
- 8 oz smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup (4.5 oz) all-purpose einkorn flour
- sea salt, for garnish
- To a food processor add smoked cheese, softened butter, egg, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth. Add flour and pulse only until combined. (Einkorn gets sticky if over-processed) Pour mixture onto a large sheet of parchment paper. Roll into a log 1½” in diameter and about 12” in length. Wrap log in plastic and refrigerate overnight or until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Slice crackers ¼ inch thick and place on parchment. Bake until edges begin to brown 18-20 minutes. Turn crackers over and bake an additional 3 minutes. Remove form oven and let cool completely. Garnish with salt and serve with your favorite dip.
When rolling out dough, do it on a cutting board or rolling mat for portability. If it starts to get too soft to handle, it’ll be easy to place it back in the fridge to chill again.