Einkorn Oatmeal Cookies
You haven’t lived until you’ve tried our soft and chewy homemade einkorn oatmeal cookies recipe. They’re loaded with fiber and laced with just enough cinnamon and sugar to achieve that warm, spicy flavor you love.
The dough is easily prepared in advance. Place in the fridge for a few hours then pop your cookies in the oven right before company arrives. You can also freeze the dough and use on demand, like when you’re hankering for a sweet treat!
Einkorn Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Move a rack to the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, completely incorporating each egg before adding the next. Beat until everything is completely incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon over the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Add the rolled oats then mix until completely incorporated. Cover bowl and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the einkorn flour to fully hydrate.
- Place rounded tablespoons of dough on the baking sheet. Bake 10−12 minutes or until just set (or just slightly underdone) in the center.
- Remove from the oven, allow cookies to rest on the baking sheet 2 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.