High Protein Turkey Meatballs with Tzatziki
Step aside, ground beef. These turkey meatballs are so deliciously juicy and come together in just a little over 30 minutes, making them an easy and flavorful addition to your dinner lineup. We know that some may side-eye ground turkey for a lack of flavor, but don’t fret about these ones: we used fresh, healthy ingredients and a series of seasonings, plus a tzatziki sauce so good you’ll want to swim in it.
These turkey meatballs are less greasy than the classic beef and sausage meatballs too, fitting just right in your high protein, low fat healthy meal plan. Plus, they’re easy to store in the refrigerator or freezer to make meal prep a total breeze. Just pop them in the microwave or air fryer for a few minutes to reheat.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe Tips:
- Serve alongside a salad or mixed vegetables for a complete meal.
- How long do meatballs last in the fridge? You can store these covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This homemade tzatziki sauce is also delicious on chicken, fish, and with raw vegetables. Make a big batch of it and use it on your favorite protein and veggies throughout the week. Yum!
Greek Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 slices bread, broken into little pieces
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, grated
- 2 mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- black pepper
- In a small bowl, make the tzatziki sauce by whisking all ingredients together. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, make the meatballs by combining all of the meatball ingredients into a large bowl, minus the avocado oil. Using your hands, incorporate all of the ingredients until combined.
- Scoop out ¼ cup of the mixture and roll into a meatball. Repeat with the remaining meatball mixture. It should make about 8 meatballs.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat and add the avocado oil. Add the meatballs and cook for 2 minutes per side to brown, and then transfer the pan to the oven and cook for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with the Tzatziki.