Greek Marinated Grilled Chicken
Bold herbs and lemon flavors in this Greek marinated grilled chicken recipe will have the whole family saying, ‘Opa!’ Whether you grill or sauté the chicken—it’ll be juicy and delicious with steamed vegetables, over a bed of rice or on top of your favorite salad.
The prep and cook time will be done in a flash—it’s letting the chicken soak up the marinade that requires a little patience but it’s worth it!
Once the chicken has finished cooking, garnish with feta, sliced kalamata olives and diced tomatoes—then grab a fork and get ready to enjoy a great-tasting meal! If you happen to have leftovers, you’re in luck! This dish tastes even better on day two!
Greek Marinated Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 zest of lemon
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, minced garlic, rosemary, parsley, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade, tossing to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap then refrigerate for 1–3 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade then remove excessive herbs and garlic clinging to the chicken, but leave just a little bit. Grill the chicken breasts for about 4–5 minutes per side until they’re cooked through. Transfer the grilled chicken to clean a plate then allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken garnished with a sprinkling of feta cheese, kalamata olives and diced tomato. Enjoy!