Deviled eggs in a hash brown nest
The presentation of these deviled eggs makes this recipe look complicated, but we made it easy by buying hash browns to cut down on prep time.
For our springtime table we used mini cake pans and a cupcake tree to create an elevated display for these nifty nests. But you can use a cake pedestal or anything you have on hand to give these eggs in a nest the attention they deserve!
Deviled eggs in a hash brown nest recipe
- Divide hash browns into 18 individual servings and cook hash browns according to package instructions.
- Place eggs in single layer in large pot fill pot with cold water until eggs are covered by about 1". Bring eggs, uncovered, to a rolling boil.
- Remove pot from heat after boil is achieved and cover tightly with lid. Set timer and allow eggs to sit, covered, 13 minutes.
- Carefully remove eggs from pot and place in bowl of ice water to cool. Let cool completely, then remove shells.
- Cut top 1/4 of egg off. Carefully remove yolk and rinse out egg whites.
- In a bowl combine egg yolks, mustard, water, oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth, spoon into piping bag. Pipe egg yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Place egg bottoms into hash brown nests. Garnish with egg top and fresh dill.