Garlic Snack Mix
Everybody loves Chex Mix, so we decided to make a mouth-watering recipe of our own! Our quick and easy garlic snack mix recipe is buttery, herby and has just the right amount of garlic.
This game day snack will have everyone hooked at first bite! It yields 11 cups so don’t worry about having enough to feed the crowd. You can even substitute ingredients with some of your favorites like cheese crackers, popcorn, bagel chips and beyond!
Just remember, when the mixture comes out of the oven, some of the ingredients may seem damp but don’t worry! They will become crispy once the mixture has an opportunity to cool.
Garlic Snack Mix Recipe
- 1 tsp dill, dried
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 3 cups Bugles
- 3 cups Corn Chex Cereal, or Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup salted cashews, or peanuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, 1 stick
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together dill, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and grated Parmesan until uniformly combined, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add oyster crackers, Bugles, Chex cereal and nuts then toss to combine. Combine and stir the melted butter and Worcestershire sauce then pour mixture evenly over snack mix. Toss to distribute butter mixture evenly.
- Once butter and snack mix are thoroughly combined, sprinkle the Parmesan herb mixture over the mix, stirring occasionally, as evenly as possible. Repeat until the seasoning has evenly coated the snack mix. Add pretzels last then toss once more to distribute evenly through the mixture.
- Transfer snack mix onto 2 rimmed baking sheets then bake for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally so that the ingredients are evenly toasted. Remove from oven then allow mix to cool—they will become crispy during the cooling process—then game on!