During the yuletide season, we tend to see a lot of pinecones, candles and ornamental bulbs used for decorating. This reindeer centerpiece is inexpensive to create, extraordinarily simple to make and can be done in less than 20 minutes.
Use our reindeer vase as a unique centerpiece for the table, or hang ornaments from the branches to put on display during a holiday party or gift exchange.
When stringing the lights on your Manzanita branches, don’t worry about wrapping them perfectly. Because the LED lights are embedded in such a fine chord, casually strung lights will look just right in a low-light setting. The effect is magical!
- 2 [url href=”http://www.save-on-crafts.com/manzanita3.html?cmp=froogle&kw=manzanita3″ target=”_blank” title=”Manzanita Branches”]Manzanita branches[/url]
- 2 [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097YM4JU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0097YM4JU&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Battery Operated Lights”]strands battery operated lights[/url]
- 14” galvanized bucket
- floral foam brick or floral clay
- 3-ply natural jute cord
- red jingle bell
- Wrap both Manzanita branches with LED lights until fully covered.
- Cut and arrange foam or clay in bottom of bucket.
- Firmly push branches into foam to secure in place (add reindeer moss or fabric to hide foam and fill to top of bucket).
- Cut 72” piece of jute cord.
- Thread red bell onto cord until centered.
- Center bell on front of vase and wrap cord around a few times.
- Secure with knot in back.