DIY paver stocking hangers
Take a new direction this year when decorating your mantle for the holidays! Use rumblestone concrete pavers as stocking hangers to create a rustic look for your home. Absolutely no skills are needed for this inexpensive DIY project. We’re not kidding!
Just head to the paver section of your local home improvement store and choose from a variety of colors, shapes and sizes. Or, save yourself the trip by upcycling any pavers you may have laying around, left over from landscape projects already completed.
Once you have your pavers cleaned up and ready to go, wrap strands of jute around one end of each paver, attach the loop of the stocking, knot it and tuck a short floral branch into the knot. That’s all there is to it!
It literally takes minutes to complete these DIY paver stocking hangers, leaving plenty of time for other holiday projects. Go all out for a homespun look by adding texture to your mantel.
Use our DIY stenciled burlap stockings and small branches from the yard. Intersperse the branches with burlap ribbon, glittered floral branches, and ornament balls or other small embellishments. Weave a string of LED lights among the branches to create that homey ambiance. Hang a crab apple wreath with eucalyptus as the final touch. Your hearth is sure to gather compliments from family and friends.
- [url href=”http://www.homedepot.com/p/Pavestone-10-5-in-x-7-in-Sierra-Blend-RumbleStone-Large-Concrete-Paver-91977/203177279?N=12kx#.UakI7mTBKec” target=”_blank” title=”Rumblestone Pavers”]rumblestone pavers[/url]
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005W3GKHW/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005W3GKHW&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Jute Twine”]jute twine[/url]
- silver floral ball branches
- Lay pavers horizontally.
- Cut 3 strings of jute twine 36” or longer.
- Wrap all 3 strands around one end of the paver.
- Attach loop of stocking and tie knot.
- Cut piece of silver floral branch and tuck into knot.
- Repeat for all stocking holders.