Impress your fellow health nuts at the holiday cookie exchange with this matcha green tea Christmas cookie recipe!
Matcha powder is the key to our recipe’s success. Its fine consistency blends better with dough than regular tea leaves, resulting in an amazing texture not found in most other cookies.
Matcha has antioxidants to help fight diseases such as cancer and diabetes, making it a healthier choice at holiday time.
One bite and your friends will want to know what makes this unconventional cookie taste so good.
matcha Christmas tree cookies recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg yolks and vanilla until combined.
- Sift baking powder, salt, matcha powder and flour into separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients then mix until smooth dough forms. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to ¼" thickness on lightly floured surface then cut out dough using tree shape cookie cutter.
- Arrange on baking sheet 2" apart and bake 10-15 minutes until edges start to brown. Place cookies on cooling rack.
- Once cooled, pipe small dots of royal icing onto cooled cookies and "glue" dragees in place.
One Last Thing