New Year’s Sugar Cookie Clocks
This year, we’re counting down to the New Year!
We have a super simple and delicious sugar cookie recipe that we used to make super cute cookie clocks.
New Year's sugar cookie clocks recipe
Can you think of a tastier way to count down to the New Year? Our New Year's sugar cookie clocks are the perfect way!
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp 2% milk, or whole milk, plus additional for thinning if needed
- Cream sugar, butter, vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients until dough forms; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned, let cool completely.
- Mix powdered sugar, light corn syrup and milk together in small bowl. Add additional milk to thin icing, if necessary.
- Apply cookie glaze to cookie, let set.
- Combine powdered sugar and meringue powder in stand mixer bowl, whisk together by hand. Add 6 tbsp water to mixture, add lemon juice or vanilla extract, if desired.
- Start mixing on the slowest speed with paddle attachment until well mixed. Gradually turn mixer up to medium/medium-high speed, beat until icing is fluffy. Add water (a few drops of at a time) until desired consistency is reached. Mix black food coloring into icing, put in piping bag.
- Draw numbers and hands on clock (clock should read 11:55). Serve and ring in the new year!
Let's be honest. I just wanted an excuse to eat sugar cookies.
Calories: 201kcal, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g, Cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 83mg, Potassium: 31mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 27g