It’s a lot easier to get excited about vegetables when they lure you in with tasty texture and seasonings. Our roasted balsamic broccoli recipe does not disappoint! They’re roasted to a gentle crispiness, seasoned with complementary spices then coated in a gooey balsamic glaze.
This swoon-worthy side dish comes together in just 30 minutes, making it a tasty side that can accompany anything from an uncomplicated baked chicken breast or a charismatically-seasoned piece of fish.
If you wish to add a few variations to this recipe, try adding slivered almonds, minced garlic and spices like chili powder or cayenne pepper. It’s fun to experiment with your favorite ingredients and seasonings.
Roasted Balsamic Broccoli Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli cut into florets
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add olive oil, broccoli florets, salt, pepper then toss to coat. Arrange broccoli on two baking sheets then season with salt and pepper. Don’t be tempted to place all the broccoli on one sheet or they will steam each other and not brown.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Bake until broccoli is just barely tender and still a little crunchy.
- While the broccoli is roasting, place the balsamic vinegar in a small sauté pan and bring to a boil. Simmer to reduce the vinegar, for about 4 minutes, until it’s the consistency of syrup. Set aside.
- Remove florets from the oven then sprinkle with lemon pepper and salt to taste. Place in a serving bowl, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar reduction and serve immediately.