DIY candy firecrackers
Your kids are going to give you a huge ‘thumbs up’ on this easy DIY. Patriotic candy firecrackers made with a colorful printable and twisted rope ribbon are a fun and yummy way to celebrate the 4th of July.
A project really can’t get much easier than this one so the kids will have a ball turning their favorite candy into fun firecrackers that quietly have a bang of their own, as far as cravings go.
The printable can be cut to fit almost any size candy that comes in a roll so you won’t be limited to just one kind. If you’re planning a party, this is the craft to hand out as favors because it’s so inexpensive to make! Group them in small containers ready to be dispersed for party favors or simply use them as festive tabletop décor.
Don’t be surprised if some of your grownup friends sneak some for themselves.
- [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/candy-fire-crackers-printable-cherylstyle.pdf” target=”_blank”]Everyday Dishes & DIY candy firecrackers printable[/url]
- regular white paper
- double-sided tape
- Sweetarts candy
- twisted rope ribbon
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/candy-fire-crackers-printable-cherylstyle.pdf” target=”_blank”]Everyday Dishes & DIY candy firecrackers printable[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print and cut out template where indicated.
- Place a roll of candy on the cutout and attach to one side with double-sided tape. Then wrap the cutout around the candy. Tape it again at the other end to attach. Repeat for the other 2 rolls of candy.
- Next, place a piece of double-sided tape on the seam of any one of the candies and attach a 3″–4″ piece of twisted rope ribbon down the center. Place all 3 rolls together with the ribbon in the center and the seams facing each other.
- Attach the remaining cutout around the 3 rolls and tape.