Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
If you want an incredibly EASY meal that’s also HEALTHY and absolutely DELICIOUS, then look no further than this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken. It’s so simple and a perfect high protein recipe in the instant pot that comes together in a matter of minutes. One of the best parts of this recipe is that it’s so easy to customize by just choosing your favorite jar of salsa to add.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t worry. You can easily make this recipe in a slow cooker. Just follow these simple conversion tips for a perfect recipe turnout every time.
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Recipe Tips:
+ We like this recipe served over cauliflower rice to keep in low in carbs and calories, and high in protein. But you can honestly use any base you like to serve. You could also do traditional rice, a bed of lettuce, or even black beans!
+ You can just use two forks to shred the chicken in the instant pot. It falls apart so easily, you won’t have to put in a ton of effort.
+ This is a great recipe option for meal prep. Just give it plenty of time to cool before you top add it to your base for the best results. And be sure to add a spoonful of that broth to maximize flavor!
- 1 Instant Pot or slow cooker
- In your instant pot, stir together the chicken broth and salsa. Nestle the chicken breasts in the liquid and cover.
- Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes, then allow 7 minutes for natural release.
- Shred the chicken in the instant pot, stirring the shredded chicken with the salsa.
- Cook the cauliflower rice according to package directions – we recommend sauteing vs microwaving to avoid sogginess.
- Serve the chicken on top of the cauliflower rice with desired toppings and enjoy!