Take dinner up a notch with our Asiago-crusted chicken cutlets recipe. If you love Parmesan cheese, you’re going to die over Asiago, Parm’s sassy cousin. You can prepare this dish in just 10 minutes, and your meal will be on the table in less than half an hour. This recipe delivers the perfectly crispy, intense flavor you’ll crave time and again!
Watch our video on how to cut chicken cutlets!
Asiago-Crusted Chicken Cutlets Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup Asiago cheese grated
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs toasted
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped
let's do it
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Place a rack over a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray then set aside.
- Rinse the chicken cutlets under cool water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle each lightly with salt and pepper then set aside.
- In three separate pie dishes or shallow bowls, place 1) flour, 2) eggs, and 3) Asiago cheese, breadcrumbs, pepper, garlic powder and parsley mixed together until well combined.
- Dip each cutlet first in the flour to coat completely then in the egg and finally in the Asiago mixture. Place on the rack then bake 15–17 minutes. The chicken should register 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer when done.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow the crust to set 5 minutes before transferring to a serving dish. Enjoy!