Our frozen chocolate hazelnut pudding pie may be the best confection ever to come out of our test kitchen. In fact, we’re rather shocked a fight didn’t break out amongst the taste-testers over who got the last bite.
This pie exceeds the bar on every level. It has a great flavor and texture and it’s super easy to make! The only time you need to use the oven is to brown the crust; from there, easy gets even easier.
You can spread or pipe the whipped cream on top of the pie—we tried it both ways and our favorite was piping just a bit of the whipped topping on top and letting it freeze! The leftovers—shocking as it was that we had any—were eaten straight out of the pie pan with a fork.
No-Bake Frozen Chocolate Hazelnut Pudding Pie Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then line bottom of a spring-form pan with parchment paper or coat a deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray. Pulse or crush chocolate grahams into fine crumbs then mix with melted butter until it becomes the texture of damp sand.
- Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of baking dish then bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely or chill in refrigerator until ready to fill.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, add milk and chocolate hazelnut spread then beat slowly until spread is mostly dissolved. Continue beating on low speed and sprinkle in instant pudding mix. Increase speed to medium then beat for 2 full minutes, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl to ensure ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Add 1½ cups whipped cream or whipped topping then fold to combine. Reserve remaining whipped cream for topping the pie.
- Transfer chocolate hazelnut mixture into prepared crust and freeze for about 4–6 hours until firmly set. Spread or pipe remaining whipped cream on top of pie, slice and serve.