There’s a lot of good stuff happening here! One of nature’s best sources of beta-carotene, sweet potatoes rid your body of free radicals and they also help prevent chronic illness.
Our sweet potato hash is roasted, not fried, so it’s even healthier. Take into account the handful of fresh veggies and herbs in this recipe, and you’ve got one potent and tasty good-for-you meal.
If you’re serving this sweet potato hash for a larger group, do yourself a favor and cut up the potatoes ahead of time. Sweet potatoes don’t oxidize like regular ones, so they’ll keep for a day or two after they’ve been diced. This makes prep much easier!
roasted sweet potato hash recipe
what you'll need
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes cut into ½" cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the cubed sweet potato, diced onion and bell pepper into a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables and toss until each piece is coated in oil. Season the veggies evenly with salt and toss to coat once again. Transfer the vegetables to the prepared baking sheet and move them into a single even layer.
- Bake 40–45 minutes, turning several times during cooking. Remove from oven and sprinkle with pepper and fresh parsley. Serve nice and hot. Enjoy!