You don’t have to bring the standard tossed salad to your next picnic. Uncooked ramen noodles mixed with store-bought coleslaw mix and a tasty dressing make this Asian ramen salad unique and super quick to make.
Breaking the dry noodles into small pieces add a nice crunch to this no-mayo side dish. We ditched the flavor packets inside the packages for complete control over the ingredients. That way, you can use whatever flavor is on hand.
Like any slaw, Asian ramen salad will improve by chilling in the fridge prior to serving. This salad is great the next day—just note the noodles won’t be as crunchy.
Asian Ramen Salad Recipe
what you'll need
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 pkg ramen noodles any flavor
- 16 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 4-5 green onions sliced
- 1 bell pepper seeded and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
let's do it
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients for salad dressing and whisk to combine. Set aside while you toss the ingredients for the salad.
- Prior to opening the ramen noodles, crush the noodles into relatively small pieces but not into crumbs.
- Transfer broken noodles into a large bowl and remove flavor packet. Reserve flavor packet for another use or discard.
- Add coleslaw mix, sliced green onions, bell pepper and almonds to bowl then toss to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss until completely combined.
- Cover and refrigerate approximately 1 hour until chilled and noodles have softened slightly.