Brie cheese is divine served alone, but if you’re looking for extra panache from your hors d’oeuvres, our baked brie with apricot chutney topping will do just the trick! The bonus—it’s elegant and it’s easy.
For this recipe, we used brie cheese for its smooth, creamy flavor. If you prefer, Camembert cheese, which is also a soft cheese made from cow milk, will work just as well. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake, so you’ll be ready to mingle with your guests in no time.
The more quickly you serve our baked brie with apricot chutney topping, the warmer and gooier it will be for your guests!
Watch our video on how to peel and grate ginger!
Baked Brie with Apricot Chutney Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 8 oz package brie cheese
- 1 cup apricots dried, chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put apricots, sugar, vinegar, water, ginger and salt into small saucepan. Heat apricot mixture on medium heat until bubbling. Reduce heat to low, simmer 10 minutes.
- Prepare cheese while apricots are simmering. Remove cheese from packaging and cut off top portion of the rind and place cheese on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
- Once liquid and apricots have reduced to syrup consistency, remove from heat and reserve.
- Remove cheese from oven and place on serving dish. Then top cheese with apricot mixture. Serve while cheese is still hot.