Baked Brie with Apricot Chutney
Brie cheese is divine served alone, but if you’re looking for extra panache from your hors d’oeuvres, our baked brie with apricot chutney topping will do just the trick! The bonus—it’s elegant and it’s easy.
For this recipe, we used brie cheese for its smooth, creamy flavor. If you prefer, Camembert cheese, which is also a soft cheese made from cow milk, will work just as well. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake, so you’ll be ready to mingle with your guests in no time.
The more quickly you serve our baked brie with apricot chutney topping, the warmer and gooier it will be for your guests!
Watch our video on how to peel and grate ginger!
Baked Brie with Apricot Chutney Recipe
Looking for extra panache from your hors d’oeuvres? Our baked brie with apricot chutney topping will do the trick! It's elegant and easy.
Yield: 8 -10
- 1 8 oz package brie cheese
- 1 cup apricots, dried, chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put apricots, sugar, vinegar, water, ginger and salt into small saucepan. Heat apricot mixture on medium heat until bubbling. Reduce heat to low, simmer 10 minutes.
- Prepare cheese while apricots are simmering. Remove cheese from packaging and cut off top portion of the rind and place cheese on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
- Once liquid and apricots have reduced to syrup consistency, remove from heat and reserve.
- Remove cheese from oven and place on serving dish. Then top cheese with apricot mixture. Serve while cheese is still hot.
Cheese is typically served with crackers and grapes, but don’t be afraid to experiment with other fruits like figs and sliced apples!
Calories: 181kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.0004g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.0004g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 200mg, Potassium: 1mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 14g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!