Our maple-roasted sweet potatoes recipe is a household game-changer. Not only will you savor every morsel, we’re willing to bet the farm your kids will even like them!
There is nothing ordinary about the flavor of this dish. We’ve never tasted vegetables so good that you feel like it’s too good to be true. We used the ‘good’ fats like coconut or olive oil and a few simple seasonings to make this dish great.
With just 10 minutes to prep, you can put your attention towards whipping up a main course. Since sweet potatoes are available all year round, this is an easy evergreen dish. We also noted that sweet potatoes already cut into cubes are available at the supermarket—just check in the produce section.
Maple-Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes cut into 1" cubes
- 2 Tbsp oil or unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup oil or unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- kosher salt to taste
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place cubed sweet potatoes in a large bowl and coat them with oil. Season with garlic powder, kosher salt and dried parsley flakes and toss to coat.
- Divide potatoes in half and place on the prepared baking sheets. Don’t be tempted to use only one sheet or the potatoes will steam each other and not caramelize. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine oil or butter and maple syrup and melt in the microwave.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Drizzle with buttery syrup and stir evenly to coat. Continue to bake the potatoes until they caramelize and become fork tender, approximately 10–15 more minutes. Keep an eye on them at this point so they don’t burn!
- Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle with a little extra kosher salt. Enjoy!