Our baked tuna burgers are a lighter alternative to the traditionally fried patties…but they’re so flavorful, you won’t even miss the extra oil! Solid white albacore tuna is best for this recipe because of its taste and texture.
We like to use cracker crumbs or Italian-style breadcrumbs. They add just enough seasoning and the perfect amount of salt to the burger mixture. If you decide to use plain breadcrumbs, then make sure to throw in an extra dash of salt.
Baked tuna burgers are great because they’re so versatile. You can serve them as a sandwich or on top of fresh greens—or even by themselves with your favorite side dish!
Baked Tuna Burgers Recipe
what you'll need
- 12 oz can white albacore tuna well drained
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 green onions sliced thinly
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup cracker crumbs or Italian-style breadcrumbs, divided, saltine or butter
- wedges hot sauce lemon or tartar sauce for serving
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray. In a large bowl place drained tuna, beaten eggs, mayo, green onions, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce and mix until tuna has broken down and everything is well combined.
- Add ⅓ cup of cracker crumbs and stir to combine. Allow cracker crumbs a moment to absorb liquid from mixture before forming patties. Place remaining cracker crumbs into a shallow bowl or plate to coat patties in crumbs.
- Use about ⅓ cup of tuna mixture to form patties that are about ½" thick. Lightly coat the outside of the patty with cracker or breadcrumbs and place on prepared baking sheet. Reshape patties on the baking sheet, if necessary. The mixture should be soft and loose, but not runny. If necessary, add a small amount of crumbs to bind the mixture, just enough to allow patties to be shaped and handled.
- Bake 14–16 minutes or just until patties are firm in center and lightly browned. Allow patties to cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!