We couldn’t be more pleased with our new chicken Caesar pasta salad recipe. Juicy grilled chicken, hearty penne pasta, fresh Romaine lettuce and creamy Caesar dressing tossed with yummy bits of Parmesan cheese is everything we love about Caesar and pasta salad combined into a single dish.
This recipe is a great way to utilize leftover chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. We opted for a higher-quality Parmesan cheese because this is one recipe where you can taste the difference. To avoid adding too much dressing, we bumped up the predominant dressing flavors like Worcestershire, garlic and lemon juice to aid with flavoring the finished product.
We’re confident you’ll want to hover over the bowl with a fork—ahem, we may have had the same inclination—but since it’s so tasty, you might as well show your friends and family your domestic prowess!
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Caesar dressing
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce, finely chopped, about 1 head
- 10.5 oz container grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken, grilled, diced or shredded
- salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt and pasta then stir to prevent sticking. Return water to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook pasta according to directions on package until tender but still slightly firm. Drain then immediately rinse under cold water to cool pasta and stop cooking. Set aside to drain completely.
- Using a very large bowl, add Caesar dressing, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and lemon juice then stir to combine. Add chopped Romaine, grape tomatoes, Parmesan, black pepper and well-drained pasta then stir until ingredients are well coated.
- Add diced or shredded chicken then toss to distribute chicken evenly through salad. Season to taste with salt and additional black pepper if desired. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
While any of your favorite Caesar dressings will do, we find that the dressings located in the fresh produce section contain fewer preservatives and taste oh-so-good!