Green beans are a dinnertime staple around here, but we like to mix things up a bit with our recipe for balsamic glazed green beans. It’s a new and super tasty variation of a longtime favorite.
Fresh, sweet and tart with just a hint of garlic, we added sliced almonds to this side dish for the perfect crunch! They’re sprinkled on top at the very end, but you could also toast the almonds first for extra flavor if you have a couple of minutes to spare.
When it comes to this recipe, fresh green beans produce the best results. They have a crisp texture and subtle sweetness that you won’t get from frozen or canned veggies.
Balsamic Glazed Green Beans Recipe
- 1 lb green beans, rinsed and stemmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the beans and cook for 5 minutes then drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 10 seconds before adding in green beans. Cook, tossing occasionally for about 2–3 minutes or until beans begin to reach desired tenderness.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and sugar then season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle almonds and dried cranberries on top then transfer to a serving platter. Enjoy!
Using the same pot to boil and finish the green beans makes cleanup easy!