Best Pumpkin Bread
Nothing smells better than fresh pumpkin bread straight out of the oven. Not only is this best pumpkin bread recipe moist, but it’s bursting with delicious flavor.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can make it for breakfast, dessert or a snack. It’s that good! We opted for nuts in our batter but you can make it with or without nuts.
If you are an avid pumpkin fan, consider whipping up our pumpkin donut holes and wash them down with a delicious pumpkin spice white hot chocolate. You won’t regret it!
Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
No matter if you use fresh pumpkin or the canned variety, my mom's best pumpkin bread recipe will win your family over in no time!
Yield: 24 slices
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup oil
- 2/3 cup water, warm
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two loaf pans by spraying with cooking spray. Place parchment in each pan sticking up over each long side. These will be your handles to pull out the loaf when cooled. Press parchment to stick to sides of pan and spray again. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and baking powder in medium bowl and set aside.
- Mix pumpkin purée, oil and warm water in large bowl. Add eggs 1 at a time to pumpkin mixture, stirring continuously. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously. Add nuts if desired.
- Pour mixed ingredients into 2 prepared pans and bake 60-75 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool 10 minutes in loaf pan before inverting to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Pumpkin is great secret moist-maker ingredient and it doesn't always have to be sweet; such is the case with our pumpkin cloverleaf rolls.
Calories: 282kcal, Carbohydrates: 40g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 35mg, Sodium: 319mg, Potassium: 110mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 25g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!