Einkorn Pumpkin Bread
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
The jury is still out on whether our einkorn pumpkin bread with maple glaze is breakfast or dessert. We say both ‘cause, dang, this recipe is ‘hurt-your-feelings’ good! Prepared with einkorn flour, you will achieve a warm nutty flavor you don’t typically get with all-purpose flour.
Not on the einkorn bandwagon yet? You can get the all-purpose version here. If you’re new to einkorn, we recommend you weigh the flour for accuracy, if possible. Otherwise, fluff the einkorn using a fork before you measure it in a cup.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose einkorn flour, 15.75 oz
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, 1 1/2 sticks
- 2/3 cup water, warm
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 egg white
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp milk
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and baking powder into a medium bowl and set aside. NOTE: We strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
- Mix pumpkin puree, butter and warm water in large bowl. Add eggs and egg white one at a time to pumpkin mixture, stirring continuously. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously.
- Pour mixed ingredients into 2 prepared pans and sprinkle chopped pecans over top of each loaf. Bake 60–75 minutes. Remove from oven when a few crumbs still cling to a tester. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove loafs to a cooling rack.
- While bread is baking, whisk together the glaze ingredients in a small measuring cup. When the bread has cooled for 10 minutes, pour the glaze over the top and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!