If you’re looking for a quick, simple, and delicious recipe for your everyday busy life, then this gluten-free peanut butter banana baked oatmeal is just the thing for you! You can whip up the batter in less than 5 minutes and then just bake it in a pan! The result is some ooey gooey oatmeal squares that are great for kids and parents alike. These are the perfect afternoon snack or make a wonderful breakfast on the go! Plus, these oatmeal bars pair perfectly with coffee – really what more could you ask for?
Peanut butter and banana are a dynamic duo that really make the perfect pairing in a baked oatmeal dish. As an added bonus these oatmeal squares are packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats to help fuel you throughout the day. Oh and did we mention they’re topped with chocolate chips?! You just might want to make a double batch. They are THAT good.
Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Tips:
- Add your favorite nuts in the mix for an added crunch.
- Don’t have bananas on hand? Try adding blueberries for a fun twist!
- If you’re not sticking to a gluten-free diet, you can just use regular rolled oats.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Warm your square up for about 15 seconds in the microwave to have that warm out of the oven consistency.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 8 x 11 pan
what you'll need
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter all natural recommended
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk we used almond
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
let's do it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas.
- Whisk in the brown sugar until combined, then whisk in the peanut butter and egg. After thoroughly mixed, whisk in the milk and vanilla.
- Stir in the oats, chia seed, baking powder, and salt.
- Once mixed, pour into a greased 8x11 baking dish and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until completely set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes before serving.