Whole 30 Coconut Shrimp – Air Fryer
There’s nothing like crispy coconut shrimp in the air fryer to make any day better! Plus we’ve paired it with a tasty dipping sauce that you won’t be able to get enough of. The flaky coconut and coconut cream on the shrimp makes for a slightly sweet, yet completely savory dish. This is a completely Whole30 friendly recipe and pairs well with side dishes like our Baked Sweet Potato Fries. Whip this dish up for an easy weeknight meal or impress guests for a Sunday football appetizer! This is one dish you’ll be craving over and over again.
This post may include links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
One of the benefits of cooking up the shrimp in the air fryer is that you get the crispy outside without using a lot of oil, keeping this recipe pretty healthy! However, if you don’t have an air fryer, you can easily fry this up in a pan with a little bit of oil.
Whole Coconut Shrimp – Air Fryer – Recipe Tips
- You could substitute chicken bites for the shrimp for a different protein option.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, place in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes.
Whole 30 Coconut Shrimp in the Air Fryer
Whole 30 Compliant Sauce
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo
- 2 tbsp Whole 30 compliant sriracha
- Prepare a dredging station by whisking the shredded coconut, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a shallow bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the coconut cream.
- To coat the shrimp, take one and dredge it in the coconut cream. Let any excess drip off. Next, coat the shrimp in the shredded coconut bowl. Immediately place in the air fryer pan. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp in an air fryer at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until golden and slightly charred.
- To make the dipping sauce, whisk together the mayo and sriracha until combined and serve.