We’d hungrily dig into a serving of roasted Brussels sprouts served up any which way, but mixed with caramelized onions, crunchy pecans and feta…that’s hard to beat! This is a great new way to serve an old favorite.
This dish would be great with a perfect roast beef or baked cod with lemon butter. Or add some sliced moist grilled chicken and make it a meal in itself. We promise that even the most pickiest of kids will love this recipe!
For added flavor, mix together one part olive oil and one part balsamic vinegar and toss into the roasted Brussels sprouts. Yum!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Feta Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 yellow onion diced large
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup pecans
- pepper to taste
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Trim the outer leaves from Brussels sprouts. Cut large ones in halves or quarters and add to a large mixing bowl. Add diced apple, onion, pecans and olive oil then toss to coat. Pour onto a rimmed baking dish and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Roast for 13–14 minutes, then toss and continue cooking another 5–10 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts reach the desired level of doneness. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle feta cheese, pecans and pepper over the top and toss to combine. Serve immediately.