What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Steal the show at your next potluck with our new chicken Caesar einkorn pasta salad recipe. If you prefer to cook with all-purpose flour, try our original recipe for chicken Caesar pasta salad. The grilled chicken is juicy and tender, the penne pasta is made from einkorn wheat which has a nice, nutty flavor and of course, we chose the freshest Romaine and creamy dressing topped with yummy bits of Parmesan cheese. At this rate, who needs a main course?
You can easily substitute fish or beef to suit your palette, and we recommend a high-quality brand of Parmesan cheese if it fits your budget because you can really taste the flavor in this recipe. To avoid adding too much dressing, we bumped up the predominant dressing flavors like Worcestershire, garlic and lemon juice (we’ve got your back).
This dish will transcend any occasion, so if you’re hosting a holiday dinner, special occasion, attending a barbecue or tailgating at the big game—you’ll have an ace in your pocket every time with this recipe.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Chicken Caesar Einkorn Pasta Salad Recipe
- 12 oz einkorn penne pasta
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Caesar dressing
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce, finely chopped, about 1 head
- 10.5 oz container grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken, grilled, diced or shredded
- salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt and pasta then stir to prevent sticking. Return water to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook pasta according to directions on package until tender but still slightly firm. Drain then immediately rinse under cold water to cool pasta and stop cooking. Set aside to drain completely.
- Using a very large bowl, add Caesar dressing, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and lemon juice then stir to combine. Add chopped Romaine, grape tomatoes, Parmesan, black pepper and well-drained pasta then stir until ingredients are well coated.
- Add diced or shredded chicken then toss to distribute chicken evenly through salad. Season to taste with salt and additional black pepper if desired. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
While any of your favorite Caesar dressings will do, we find that the dressings located in the fresh produce section contain fewer preservatives and taste oh-so-good!