Fresh, tasty and filling? Check, check and check—our chicken fajita salad is all of the above!
Between the chipotle ranch dressing and crisp veggies, this salad is absolutely full of flavor. This isn’t your everyday ho-hum salad, that’s for sure.
You can chill the chicken and veggies if you’d like, but we really love them slightly warm in this recipe.
Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
what you'll need
chipotle ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1-2 in chipotle pepper in adobo sauce finely minced
- 8 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro packed
- 4-5 green onions sliced
- cotija cheese crumbles or feta cheese crumbles
- Mexican cheese blend
- tomatoes diced
- tortilla strips crispy
- lime wedges
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix chicken pieces with seasoning mix and 2 Tbsp oil until completely coated. Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet and separate chicken pieces so they are not sticking together.
- Using the same bowl, toss bell pepper strips and onion with remaining 1 Tbsp of oil and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the peppers and onions onto baking sheet with chicken and arrange so that everything is in one single layer.
- Bake 18–22 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and peppers and onions are beginning to char on the ends. While chicken is baking, stir together the ranch dressing and chopped chipotle then refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove chicken from oven, squeeze juice of ½ lime over it then season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool slightly to serve warm on your salad or refrigerate and cool completely if you prefer.
- Assemble salad by tossing chopped romaine with cilantro leaves and green onions. Toss with as much of the chipotle ranch dressing as desired and reserve remainder.
- Pile on fajita chicken and veggies then top this incredible salad with as much cotija or feta cheese crumbles, Mexican cheese blend, diced tomatoes and crispy tortilla strips as your heart desires.
- Serve with a few lime wedges and any remaining chipotle ranch dressing on the side.