With our super tasty chicken salad wrap recipe, the wrap is merely a vessel delivering this phenomenally sweet and savory chicken salad to the mouth. Toasted walnuts, grapes and a variety of seasonings are mouthwatering!
There are a zillion reasons we can think of to make this dish. Spruce up the kids’ lunch, mix up your office lunch-hour routine, utilize leftover chicken or desire the crisp, clean flavor of chicken salad.
Make sure you refrigerate the mixture for at least one hour before serving. It’s important for the ingredients to marry and infuse their flavors once combined. If you’re born with patience, letting the mixture rest overnight will yield even better results!
Chicken Salad Wrap Recipe
- 1 lb chicken, cooked
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 12-15 grapes, red or green, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 small celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- pepper, to taste
- 4 large flour tortillas
- green leaf lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Dice the cooked chicken into about ½" cubes and place in a large mixing bowl. Add grapes and walnuts and toss to combine and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, diced celery, red onion, parsley, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Pour the dressing over the chicken and mix until everything is coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- After the salad has chilled for at least 1 hour, give it a stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. Lay a few lettuce leaves along the center of each tortilla and line up 2-3 slices of tomato on each wrap. Season lightly with salt and pepper then add about ½–¾ cup of chicken salad on top and fold the tortilla burrito-style. Wrap tightly with parchment paper and serve. Enjoy!
Since tortilla wraps come in so many different flavors, it will be fun to experiment with your favorite!