If you’re craving a healthy meal but don’t want to chow down on all the carbs, you will love our low-carb chili cheese zucchini boats recipe. They’re packed with flavor and taste reminiscent of a chili cheese hotdog!
We used up leftover hearty turkey chili we had in the fridge for this recipe. You can get creative and use any leftovers you may have taking up space that can easily mound on a spoon, like Spanish rice, beef stew or mac n cheese.
This recipe couldn’t be easier to throw together for a quick weeknight meal. Need a helpful tip to get your zucchini to lay flat? Use a potato peeler to slice a strip off the bottom, voila!
Chili Cheese Zucchini Boats Recipe
what you'll need
- 6 zucchini
- leftover chili
- cheddar cheese shredded
- crushed red pepper flakes
let's do it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooing spray and set aside.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise cutting through the stem for a nicer presentation. Use a teaspoon to scrape out the seeds and create space for the chili. Fill each boat with chili and place on the prepared pan. Top with cheese and transfer to the hot oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle a little more cheese on top. Return to the oven and let cheese melt about 3 minutes.
- Remove form oven and transfer to serving plates or platter. Garnish with red chili flakes if you like it hot!
One Last Thing