Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers—where do we begin? Gooey cheese, savory sausage and just enough seeds from the jalapeño for a little heat is a party in a pepper.
This recipe comes together quickly and easily (hello, 40 minutes!), and makes a perfect appetizer for a backyard barbecue or neighborhood gathering. The goods will fly off the tray, your friends will rejoice and everyone you meet will generally regard you as a hero.
A little word of caution from our experienced team—if you’re sensitive to heat, wear disposable gloves while cleaning the seeds out of the jalapeños. You’ll also want to take special care not to touch your eyes because the heat will transfer from your fingers.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 12 large jalapeños
- 1/2 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 24 slices bacon, thin cut
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash the peppers. Slice them length wise in half and remove the seeds and white membranes. Set aside.
- Remove casings from sausage and mix with cheese, until thoroughly combined. Fill peppers with approximately 1 heaping tablespoon of sausage mixture. The bigger the pepper, the more filling you will use. Wrap one slice of bacon around each stuffed pepper. Secure the pepper with a toothpick pierced through the middle if necessary for the jalapeño to hold its form. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place peppers on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. Drain poppers on paper towels then transfer to serving platter and enjoy!