Chili Lime Cashews
Our chili lime cashew recipe is a fantastic snack to put out for cocktail parties and game day. They’re easy to make, festive in appearance and bright ‘n’ savory.
Even though we used dried red chilies in this recipe, the results aren’t too spicy; there’s just enough kick to get your attention. Fresh lime zest keeps the flavor light and tangy.
Chili Lime Cashews Recipe
- 4 cups cashews, raw
- 6 small dried red chilies
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 chipotles en adobo, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 Tbsp lime zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add cashews and chilies to a large bowl. Place butter in large glass measuring cup and microwave until melted. Add minced chipotles and any sauce that was clinging to them, olive oil, salt and chili powder. Whisk until thoroughly combined then pour over nuts. Mix until all nuts are coated.
- Pour nuts onto prepared pan and flatten into even layer. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Remove from oven, stir in lime zest, and let cool completely.