Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Footballs Video
These extra-festive chocolate-covered strawberry footballs don’t require many ingredients. With a bounty of fresh berries, melting chocolates and a smidgeon of icing, you’re ready to rock and roll.
This recipe makes a great dessert if you’re hanging out at a friend’s house for the big game or celebrating at a tailgate event. We love when we can contribute a dish that’s delicious, simple and fun.
Once you’re done prepping your berries, place them in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to serve. They’re absolutely fabulous—it’s hard to not sneak a bite before you share them with friends and family.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Footballs Recipe
Getting the gang together? Here is a quick and easy how-to on making football chocolate-covered strawberries.
Yield: 12 strawberries
- 12 Ghirardelli chocolate dark melting wafers
- 12 strawberries
- 1/2 cup cake icing
- piping bag
- Begin with chocolate-covered strawberries.
- Put ½ cup icing in the piping bag and cut a TINY hole in the corner of the bag.
- Press icing down to the tip.
- Hold bag straight.
- Keep piping tip near strawberry at all times.
- Pipe a vertical line from the top to the bottom of the strawberry then make four horizontal laces across this line.
- Tidy up with a toothpick.
- Scrape any unused chocolate into a storage bag and save it for next time!
If you like the concept, check out our game day football brownies recipe!
Calories: 210kcal, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 46mg, Potassium: 2mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 25g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!