Once you try this homemade pasta sauce, you’ll never reach for a jar again. Not only is this Creamy White Garlic Pasta Sauce delicious, it’s also incredibly easy to make! Parmesan, garlic powder, and cream cheese are at the forefront of this recipe, and the combination is guaranteed to transform your bland pasta dish into a family favorite that you’ll want to make again and again.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Creamy White Garlic Pasta Sauce Recipe Tips
+ If you’re not a fan of garlic, you can omit for a more traditional white sauce taste.
+ If you don’t use all your sauce, you can store in the refrigerator in an airtight container and reheat on the stovetop. Stir in a splash of milk to keep the mixture nice and creamy.
+ Kick up the spice by adding a few red pepper flakes to the sauce.
+ Sub this white sauce in for alfredo sauce in your favorite recipes!
Creamy White Garlic Pasta Sauce Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried oregano for garnish, optional
let's do it
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and melt down the stick of butter.
- While butter is melting, cut the block of cream cheese into chunks, then add to pan.
- Once the cream cheese is added to the pan, in a separate pot boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the cream cheese and butter mixture and whisk all until mostly smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the whipping cream and the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Let simmer for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and mixed throughout the sauce (you don't want any clumps).
- Take off the heat and let sit for about 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- If room, add your cooked pasta noodles directly to the skillet and garnish with crushed dried oregano.
One Last Thing