Ground turkey has a reputation for being dry and flavorless. But, we promise these Italian Turkey Meatballs will change your perspective! These meatballs are so moist and flavorful that you won’t want to stop eating them. And that’s a good thing because this is a recipe that you can make a big batch of at once and freeze them for future use. That’s what we call a win-win!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Italian Turkey Meatballs Recipe Tips
+ As we mentioned above, you can store these meatballs in the freezer for future use. It’s SUCH a time save any time you want a delicious and easy weeknight pasta dish.
+ Change the seasonings & change the flavor! If you want to experiment with other flavor profiles, you could break this into separate batches. We highly recommend keeping some sort of cheese in the mixture to keep these moist. Try a cheddar ranch combo or a mozzarella buffalo twist.
+ Don’t skip the “ball and glove” technique for forming these meatballs. We learned it from fellow food blogger Primal Gourmet and it is a GAME CHANGER for meatballs and burger patties. Here’s how he explains it,
“Form a ball with the ground meat mixture. Then, pretend that the ball of meat is a baseball and that you have on a catchers mitt in one hand. Hold the meat-ball using your free hand and proceed to ‘whip’ it into the other hand that has on the imaginary mitt. Kind of like you would if you were tossing a baseball into a glove.” – Ronny, Primal Gourmet
+ Our ingredients are listed for a BIG BATCH recipe, so feel free to cut in half if you don’t want to freeze or have leftovers.
+ You can also take this mixture and form it into burger patties instead of meatballs. Top with some of our Chipolte Zetsy Dipping Sauce for a super flavorful meal!
Italian Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped or grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Start by chopping or grating the onion and mincing the garlic. If needed, grate the Parmesan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Be sure not to overmix.
- Scoop out the mixture and form a ball with your hand. Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop with a trigger will help you keep the meatballs even sized.
- Use the "ball and glove" technique to get the air bubbles out of the meatball.
- Place on a covered plate and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to overnight. If you're going to freeze, freeze these raw meatballs on a cookie sheet and then transfer to a resealable freezer-safe container.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add a few meatballs at a time and cook, turning occasionally until well-browned on all sides.
- Transfer the meatballs to a plate and finish the rest of the meatballs.
- Enjoy with a delicious pasta dish , on a sub or store in the freezer for future dishes!
We LOVE these Italian Turkey Meatballs with our Creamy White Garlic Pasta Sauce. YUM!