Summer is definitely a time for light salads with fresh produce! This cucumber tomato salad with yogurt dressing is not only cool and refreshing but also quick and easy to make. Plus, it goes with just about anything!
This recipe calls for English cucumbers, which are sweeter than regular cucumbers—this variety also has much smaller seeds so it’s not as bitter. Mixed with diced tomatoes then bathed in a light yogurt dressing made with extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon and dried mint, it has a Mediterranean flavor that goes well with beef, chicken or fish.
The dressing can easily be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to a week. When you’re ready to serve, add the dressing to the tomatoes and cucumbers and you’ve got the perfect side for a hot summer day.
cucumber tomato salad recipe
what you'll need
- 1 English cucumber unpeeled, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped, seeded
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
let's do it
- Dice cucumbers and tomatoes, place in large bowl then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remainder of ingredients. Pour over the cucumbers and tomatoes, gently folding to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!