Banana Pudding by Tasty AZ
Banana pudding is always a crowd favorite, and for very good reason! It’s light, sweet, and fun to eat. What more could one ask for? This recipe was shared with us by Isabel from Tasty AZ. Her inspiration for this recipe was the banana pudding at the famous Magnolia Bakery in NYC – yum!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Isabel, or Isa, is the blogger behind Tasty AZ, a lifestyle blog focused on food and travel. She uses her blog as a place to highlight and support local Arizona restaurants and to document her food and travel adventures. You can find her eating good tacos, enjoying a bubbly mimosa or trying out a new dessert. She also loves experimenting with new recipes for her son and husband. Check out her blog at TastyAZ.com.
Banana Pudding Recipe Tips
+ Isabel says, “This is the kind of dessert that you’d like to eat right away. The bananas oxidize quite fast so it isn’t a good dessert to store for days, although you can prep the vanilla custard ahead of time and assemble the dessert when ready to eat.”
+ Having the right glass makes this recipe way more fun for guests. We love these parfait glasses.
+ Why does Isabel love this recipe? “It’s an easy dessert with very little prep that will be a crowd-pleaser.”
Banana Pudding Recipe
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and cold water on medium speed for 1 minute. Add pudding mix and mix until pudding is smooth about 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- In a clean bowl, whip the heavy cream on medium speed for about a minute, then increase speed to med-high and whip until stiff peaks form, about 1-2 more minutes, do not to over whip.
- Combine the whipped cream with the pudding mixture. I personally like to fold in the whipped cream using a spoon so the mixture keeps the fluffy texture.
- Spread a layer of cookies on the bottom, layer with pudding and then bananas Top with more pudding and a wafer. Continue until your parfait glass is full.
- Cover the top layer with crushed nilla wafers and banana slices. Enjoy!