We took one of our favorite appetizers and turned it into a delicious main course. One of the things we love the most about this Jalapeño Popper Chicken is that it requires only a few ingredients and is ready in minutes. But, don’t let the simplicity of it fool you – this recipe is full of flavor!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Jalapeño Popper Chicken Recipe Tips
+ Flattening the chicken with a meat tenderizer will help it cook faster and more evenly.
+ Softening your cream cheese beforehand will make mixing the topping together significantly easier.
+ Wearing thick rubber gloves while cutting the jalapeño can help you avoid the painful burning that’s commonly associated with this pepper.
Jalapeño Popper Chicken
what you'll need
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese softened
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crispy onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- fresh cilantro for garnish, optional
let's do it
- Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Pound the breast with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until it is about 1/2" thick.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and heat the olive oil.
- While the oil is heating, mix together the diced jalapeño, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken breasts to hot pan and cook one side until browned (5 - 7 minutes).
- Flip the chicken and top with the jalapeño cream cheese mixture.
- Cover the pan and cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees (5 - 7 minutes).
- Remove the pan from the burner and top with crispy onions. Gently press to adhere.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy!
One Last Thing