Tahini Caramel Bars
Healthy desserts that also taste good…. it sounds almost too good to be true. Luckily, there are people like our friend Marija who specialize in creating incredible recipes with ingredients that are equally as good for you as they are delicious. Follow along with her @marijamarijamarija on Instagram for more tasty recipe ideas like her Rainbow Smoothie, Cauliflower Crust Pizza, or Zucchini Burgers. We’re so grateful that she shared these delicious Tahini Caramel Bars with us. They’re made with plant-based ingredients and are refined sugar-free. Plus they taste out of this world delicious.
View this post on Instagram
“I am not a huge fan of tahini, but these bars turned out to be nice companion to my afternoon coffee. They’re simple and easy to make. And, on top of that, if you keep in mind that tahini is good for your health, rich in antioxidants, and has anti-inflammatory compounds, you’ll enjoy those bars a bit more (at least I did).” – Marija
Make these caramel Bars for your next holiday party or as a special snack for your afternoon pick me up. They’re easy to make so you can whip up a match any time you have a craving.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Tahini Caramel Bars
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, (optional)
- 5 oz dates, soaked for 15 mins
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 2 - 4 tbsp plant milk, (we used coconut)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 5 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the base, pour into an 8 x 8 pan lined with baking paper & pop into the freezer until firm (about 2 hours)
- In a food processor, mix all ingredients for the caramel and pour over the firm base. Pop back into the freezer until firm (at least 3 hours).
- Once set, cut into bars (or any preferred shape). Mix together the ingredients for the chocolate coating and dip the bars, covering completely.
- Pop the bars back into the fridge until the chocolate cools. Then bite in and enjoy.