A perfectly balanced blend of heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and butter make up the flavor base of these Keto Creamy Garlic Brussels Sprouts. Garlic and bacon add flavor to the Brussels sprouts too. Are you drooling yet? This is such a great way to enjoy Brussels sprouts, especially if you’re not one to love the taste of vegetables usually. Ingredients like butter, garlic, parmesan, and of course, bacon make a reliably delicious combination!
Try serving this creamy dish alongside grilled protein and a garden salad for a satisfying weeknight dinner. You can also enjoy it as a main course or even heat up the leftovers for a delicious lunch.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Creamy Garlic Brussels Sprouts Recipe Tips:
- These creamy garlic brussels sprouts keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Swap out the parmesan for another hard, grateable cheese like romano or asiago, if desired.
- Make this recipe vegetarian by skipping the bacon and using mushrooms for flavor instead.
- Sub in your favorite hearty vegetable if you don’t have Brussels sprouts on hand. Cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, and green beans would all be delicious here also.
Creamy Garlic Brussels Sprouts
what you'll need
- 8 oz bacon cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced or crushed
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese plus more to garnish
- 1 tbsp dill
- salt and pepper to taste
let's do it
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook for about 5 minutes until crispy. Remove from the pan onto a paper towel lined plate to drain. Reserve 1 tbsp of the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the butter to the pan. Once melted, add the shallot and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the brussels sprouts and a pinch of salt and pepper, and saute for about 5 minutes until tender but still firm. They shouldn’t be mushy.
- Once browned, add in the heavy cream, parmesan, and simmer for about 2-3 minutes until it has slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with more parmesan, fresh dill, and the cooked and drained bacon pieces.