This Whole 30 Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken is SO yummy, you won’t even miss the less-healthy “traditional” ingredients. This dairy-free recipe tastes good AND is good for you. Plus, there’s so many different ways to serve it! It’s the perfect meal-prep for your Whole 30 journey. Of course, even if you aren’t doing a Whole 30 program, you can enjoy this buffalo chicken as a healthier Game Day snack or as the perfect appetizer for a group of people with different dietary needs.
What is Whole 30?
Whole 30 is a diet type that focuses on eliminating common foods for a 30 day period and then slowly reintroducing these to see how your body reacts.
“The Whole30 has been changing lives since 2009, when co-founder Melissa Hartwig Urban blogged about a 30-day dietary experiment that transformed her health, habits, and emotional relationship with food.
Since then, millions of people have changed their lives with the Whole30 program; eliminating cravings, improving energy and sleep, reporting an improvement in allergies, anxiety, chronic pain, digestive issues, skin conditions; and losing weight healthfully and sustainably.”
There are some simple Do’s and Don’ts for the Whole 30. Check them out here!
And, if you want to learn more about how the Whole 30 program was created and why certain foods are eliminated, check out the book “It Starts With Food”. Grab your copy here!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Recipe Tips
- Serve this buffalo chicken with celery for a yummy snack, over a salad for a delicious lunch or with cauliflower rice for a full and satisfying meal.
- Of course, if you aren’t doing a Whole 30 program, it’s also the perfect topping for nachos!
Whole 30 Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 1 lb rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup avocado mayo
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp paprika
- Toss all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and mix together.
- Set the pressure to high and set the cook time to 20 minutes.
- Once the cook time is finished, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, move the pressure valve to manual release. Wait until the pressure pin has gone down before opening your Instant Pot.
Don't worry about too many leftovers - this dish warms up perfectly! We thought it even had more flavor the next day.