Healthy food doesn’t have to mean boring food! Our grilled chicken salad is topped with a hint of citrus, crisp apples and salty feta. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner—either way, you’ll feel happily full.
Dark greens are a great complement to the sweet crispiness of the apples and tart and tangy salad dressing.
Chicken can be warm or cold and to make it even easier, use up leftovers or buy rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. (Yes, you’ve just met your new favorite weekday go-to!)
grilled chicken salad recipe
what you'll need
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh, or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or oregano
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese crumbles plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 pinch salt heavy pinch
- black pepper to taste
- 5 oz bag baby arugula or spring mix
- 1 apple crisp , cored and diced
- 1/2 English cucumber cubed and skin-on
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 chicken breasts sliced, grilled
let's do it
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, olive oil, honey, garlic powder and dried basil or oregano. Add feta cheese and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set the dressing aside for at least 10 minutes while you assemble the salad.
- On a large platter, arrange the arugula and then sprinkle on the apple, cucumber, bell pepper, sliced almonds and a few extra feta cheese crumbles.
- Place sliced grilled chicken breast (warm or cold) on top, drizzle the entire salad with the feta vinaigrette and serve immediately.