Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
We’ve got a serious passion for cooked asparagus—but boiling and steaming these delectable spears of green goodness can make them limp and lackluster. That’s exactly why we went for taste and texture with our easy roasted asparagus recipe.
Marinated in olive oil, layered with a generous serving of Parmesan cheese and seasoned with course salt and fresh cracked pepper—this side dish is a home run! If the family’s away for the night, a dish like this can easily wind up as a main course.
The secret to perfectly roasted asparagus is to not overcook them—unless, of course, you like them burnt to a crisp! We’ve estimated the cook time here, so you’ll have to adjust the timing based on the thickness of your asparagus.
The cleanup couldn’t be easier! Simply line your baking sheet with tin foil when prepping this dish, and all you have to do is discard the foil after you roast your veggies. No fret, no fuss! Just the way we like it.
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- coarse salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the asparagus, then arrange the asparagus spaced evenly in a single layer.
- Roast the asparagus for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and rearrange the spears so that they are still in a single layer but move them very close together (or even touching each other).
- Sprinkle the spears with Parmesan cheese and return them to the oven until they are cooked to your desired tenderness, probably about 3−5 more minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve hot.