For an easy, low-calorie Asian-inspired meal, try our easy Thai lettuce wraps with chicken and rice noodles.
Keep it simple by using leftover chicken or even a rotisserie chicken from your local supermarket.
The marinade dressing is a cinch to make. Soy sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, lime juice, garlic, and a little brown sugar mixed together creates a delicious combination of spicy and sweet.
We wrapped our chicken, noodles, and carrots in bibb lettuce for a creamy flavor and crunchy texture and topped it off with some cilantro.
Thai lettuce wraps are simple to put together and make a healthy mid-week dinner or party appetizer.
Easy thai lettuce wraps recipe
what you'll need
- 3 green onions thinly, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper crushed
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 package Chinese rice noodles
- 2 carrots julienned
- cilantro for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Bibb lettuce
let's do it
- Mix marinade/dressing ingredients.
- Put chicken and half of dressing in plastic resealable bag. Marinate 30 minutes (or overnight).
- Cook rice noodles in large pot of salted water until tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Transfer to platter.
- Add chicken to platter and top with carrots, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Set out platter, bibb lettuce and remaining dressing.
- Let everyone make their own custom wraps!
One Last Thing