Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Our einkorn pumpkin muffins are ‘next level’ delish. Because they’re prepared using einkorn flour, there’s a nice, warm, nutty flavor that accommodates these treats, that you don’t normally get using all-purpose flour.
If you haven’t hopped on the einkorn bandwagon yet, we’ve got your back. You can get the all-purpose version – which is awesomely moist and equally tasty.
If you’re new to einkorn, we strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, no worries; simply fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose einkorn flour, 15.75 oz
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, 1 ½ sticks
- 2/3 cup water, warm
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 egg white
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp milk
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two muffin tins by filling with paper liners and spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and baking powder into a medium bowl and set aside. NOTE: We strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
- Mix pumpkin puree, butter and warm water in large bowl. Add eggs and egg white one at a time to pumpkin mixture, stirring continuously. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously.
- Pour mixed ingredients into 2 prepared pans and sprinkle chopped pecans over top of each muffin. Bake 20–25 minutes. Remove from oven when a few crumbs still cling to a tester. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, removing muffins to a cooling rack.
- While bread is baking, whisk together the glaze ingredients in a small measuring cup. When the bread has cooled for 10 minutes, pour the glaze over the top and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Why is there two measures of lemon juice in the glaze part of the recipe ???