Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Our einkorn pumpkin muffins are ‘next level’ delish. Because they’re prepared using einkorn flour, there’s a nice, warm, nutty flavor that accommodates these treats, that you don’t normally get using all-purpose flour.
If you haven’t hopped on the einkorn bandwagon yet, we’ve got your back. You can get the all-purpose version – which is awesomely moist and equally tasty.
If you’re new to einkorn, we strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, no worries; simply fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose einkorn flour, 15.75 oz
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, 1 ½ sticks
- 2/3 cup water, warm
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 egg white
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp milk
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two muffin tins by filling with paper liners and spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and baking powder into a medium bowl and set aside. NOTE: We strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
- Mix pumpkin puree, butter and warm water in large bowl. Add eggs and egg white one at a time to pumpkin mixture, stirring continuously. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously.
- Pour mixed ingredients into 2 prepared pans and sprinkle chopped pecans over top of each muffin. Bake 20–25 minutes. Remove from oven when a few crumbs still cling to a tester. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, removing muffins to a cooling rack.
- While bread is baking, whisk together the glaze ingredients in a small measuring cup. When the bread has cooled for 10 minutes, pour the glaze over the top and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!