Einkorn Wheat Berry Winter Breakfast Bowl
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Tired of oatmeal? Our einkorn wheat berry winter breakfast bowl is a hearty and great-tasting twist on hot cereal. The flavor is AH-MAZE-ING, and aside from using einkorn wheat berries for breakfast, they have so much versatility, it’s worth keeping them in the house fulltime for a host of other recipes.
The key to delicious wheat berries is to soak them in water overnight. When you’re ready to make the breakfast bowl, pat the berries dry using paper towels before adding them to the skillet; then, it’s off you go.
We used butternut squash because it caramelizes nicely with the cranberries and walnuts. The ingredient combination screams ‘winter’! Despite this dish being healthy, it straight-up tastes like the best breakfast comfort food on the planet. Give it a try!
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and is not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Wheat Berry Winter Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup butternut squash, frozen
- 1/4-1/2 cup water, hot
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups wheat berries, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- honey, to drizzle
- Thaw (if needed) the diced squash and set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil and keep hot.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the soaked wheat berries and toast for 2 minutes. Now add the thawed squash, dried cranberries and walnuts and heat through about 1 minute.
- Divide between two bowls and drizzle with honey.