Our simple spinach artichoke dip is something all your loved ones can agree upon. Even when the kids are afraid to eat their veggies, the gooey cheese, savory garlic and impeccable seasonings will coax them to feel otherwise.
Dress this recipe up or down depending on the kind of cracker you serve—think baked pita chips and melba toast for a fancy affair, or a traditional variety pack for more relaxed occasions. Veggies and tortilla chips are also a fine choice!
If you’re on a mission to wow the crowd because let’s face it, sometimes the potluck has a little underlying competition, try serving this recipe in a homemade bread bowl. You can also check out our recipe for spinach artichoke dip pizza (swoon), which is a brilliant way to enjoy this recipe without having to ‘dunk’ for the good stuff.
Simple Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 3 cups artichoke hearts, frozen, about 12 oz
- 16 oz baby spinach
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- paprika, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8 x 8 dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roughly chop the artichoke hearts and set aside.
- Rinse the spinach leaving the water clinging to the leaves. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot add the wet spinach and cook until wilted, stirring often, 2-3 minutes. When the spinach is wilted, drain in a strainer. Use a wooden spoon to press as much water from the spinach as possible. When cool enough to handle, chop spinach finely, squeezing out more water if possible. Set aside.
- In the large skillet you wilted the spinach in, over medium heat, add cream cheese and soften. Once the cheese is soft and creamy, add spinach, artichoke hearts and the remainder of ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle with paprika and bake for 30-35 minutes until hot and bubbly.
We’ve also got a slow cooker artichoke dip recipe that’s perfect for game day!