Get ready for the most colossal sporting event of the season with an essential game day snack! Our football potato skins are prepared using our warm and gooey bean dip recipe then broiled until the skins achieve nice and crispy exteriors, just the way you like them.
It’s as easy as 1-2-3. Simply cut the baked potatoes in half and scoop out room for the filling. Then you’ll broil the taters for a few minutes on each side and load ‘em up with filling. All that’s left is a little attention to detail—hello sour cream football laces!
Football potato skins recipe
what you'll need
- 4 small Russet potatoes baked and cooled
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Easy Bean Dip or your favorite bean dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
let's do it
- Preheat broiler and cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, make shallow trough in cut side of potato to hold filling, leaving at least a ¼" border around edges. Be careful not to take too much potato out, just enough to keep filling from sliding off. Brush potatoes with butter, season lightly with salt and pepper. Turn potatoes over and butter and season the skin side. Place them on a baking sheet skin side up and broil 2–3 minutes until starting to brown. Turn skins over and broil 2–3 minutes more then remove from oven.
- Fill 2 Tbsp of bean dip inside each potato skin. Broil 2–3 minutes more then remove from oven. Place sour cream in a small plastic bag and cut a tiny hole in one corner. Pipe the laces on each ‘football’ and serve. Go Team!
One Last Thing