Warm and Gooey Bean Dip
Whether it’s a backyard barbecue, neighborhood potluck or a colossal sporting event on the big screen, our warm and gooey bean dip is an essential buffet table participant.
This quintessential party dip recipe is table-ready in 30 minutes. The straightforward preparation makes this popular snack a no-brainer, especially if you’re short on time, resources and patience.
We used a combination of black and kidney beans, cream cheese and sour cream for the goo factor and plenty of cheddar for the ultimate cheesy shebang. Garnish with chopped green onions then serve with your favorite chips.
Warm and gooey bean dip recipe
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- 1/2 cup salsa
- green onions, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8" x 8" baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add black beans and kidney beans to large bowl and mash roughly with a fork or potato masher. Add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, 1½ cups cheddar cheese and salsa. Mix thoroughly then pour into prepared dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 25–30 minutes or until cheese has melted and dip is hot.
- Garnish with chopped onions and serve with your favorite chips or crackers.